Summer is all about creamy, easy to make, no bake recipes, and this lemon and mascarpone cream tart is the perfect choice for a delicious treat that tastes like summer! It’s basically a fail-proof recipe with just the perfect choice of ingredients!
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 9 generous servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: one hour
for the crust:
- 200g. biscuits
- 100g. unsalted butter (melted)
for the mascarpone cream:
- 200ml. whipping cream
- 250g. mascarpone cheese
for the lemon curd:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- To prepare the tart, start by crushing the biscuits until you get fine crumbs.
- Mix in the melted butter and press into a tart baking pan.
- Keep it in the freezer for about one hour, plenty of time to make your own lemon curd and whip the mascarpone cream.
- To make the lemon curd combine all ingredients in a heat-proof bowl over a simmering water, whisk them together until the curd starts to thicken and becomes glossy, creamy and thick.
- Sift it through a fine sift, cover with plastic wrap and cool it down in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- To whip the mascarpone cream start by whipping the whipping cream, than add the mascarpone and whip for another minute or two.
- Once both are well combined, cool it a little bit and you’ll be ready to combine the three elements.
- Fill the biscuits crust with mascarpone cream and top with lemon curd, making beautiful marble effect.
- Serve immediately if you like it creamer, or chill it a little longer to have more of a ice cream consistency!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.