This leek and mushrooms savory galette is one of the most impressive — and surprisingly easy — rustic dish you can serve to anyone, including your vegetarian friends. It’s very rich, moist and full of flavor, it’s also the best choice for people who haven’t learned to love leek yet.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 1 galette – 2 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
for the dough:
- 300 g. all purpose flour
- 150 g. unsalted butter, cold
- 100 g. ice-cold water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 egg for the egg wash
for the filling:
- 2 large leeks (~250-300g.)
- 1 dry red pepper, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- knob of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make this recipe start by processing the flour, the salt and the butter in a food processor, shortly, only few pulses.
- Add the water and pulse until you get crumbs like consistency.
- Transfer the crumbs to a surface and squeeze together in a ball. There is no need to knead the dough.
- Wrap the dough in a cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. At this point you can freeze the dough and use it in other occasion.
- To make the filling, saute the leeks in a hot pan with a knob of butter, than add the remaining ingredients, stir and cook the filling for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Once the dough and the filling are cooled down, roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to about 10in circle.
- Add the filling in the center and wrap the edges on top of the filling to protect it from leaking.
- Brush the galette with egg wash.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in a 200C preheated oven.
- It’s great served both warm and cold.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.