The delicious piccata sauce is a great way to serve with your turkey or chicken breasts for a lovely midweek dinner. As is the case with most of the delicious recipes, it takes just a handful of ingredients, the perfect combination to create flavors that complement and enhance each other nicely.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 turkey breast (~100g. each)
- few tbsp. flour, to lightly coat the breasts in
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or white wine
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- knob of butter
- handful of parsley
- one lemon sliced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- roasted vegetable to serve (optional)
- To make this delicious meal in under half an hour, simply dredge the turkey breasts in flour, shaking the excess flour off.
- In a hot pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and add in the turkey breasts.
- Cook for roughly five minutes on each side (depending how thick the breast are) until they are white in the middle and lightly brown in the outside.
- Remove from the pan and add in the capers and the stock. Cook the sauce for about 5-7 minutes until it is reduced and slightly thickened, than add in the the meat, the lemon juice, the parsley and the lemon slices.
- Cook them for just a minute until they just get warm then serve over rice, mash potatoes, or I like them best with some roasted vegetables.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.