Nothing speaks old classic family dessert as much as rice pudding! There are reasons why everybody loves it – it’s smell of freshly grounded cinnamon, the creamy texture, the subtle sweetness!
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of rice, rinsed
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Start by rinsing the rice.
- Add the milk and let it soak for 10 minutes, then transfer to a large pot.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla,
- Bring the temperature to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- For those of you who prefer your rice pudding cold, it’s best if you stop simmering about 5 minutes earlier when it’s much runnier, because the more it cools down the thicker it becomes.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.