This spinach and cheese cornbread recipe is not only delicious but also very easy, fast and fail-proof. Served with some creamy ricotta, pepper jam or just a cup of yogurt it makes for wonderful breakfast or brunch. I used spinach this time because that’s what I had on hand, but other dark green leaves such as chard or kale work just as good (I’ve tried them all:)).
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 120 g./1 cup corn flour
- 60 g./1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 120 ml./1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 240 ml./1 cup yogurt
- ~150g. white cheese
- handful of spinach
- To make the cornbread, start by whisking the eggs for few minutes until they are well whisked.
- Than add all the ingredients one by one and fold the mixture with a spoon or spatula until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter in a baking tin, no need to grease or flour it.
- Bake in a non preheated oven on 200C for about 20-30 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean and the cornbread has a lovely golden brown crust on top. Enjoy!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.