Crispy, tasty, guilt-free sesame and chia seeds crackers made at home, what can be better than that? No artificial anything, no secret ingredients, but still better than the ones from the supermarkets. Sounds almost impossible? Well it isn’t. It’s a fail proof recipe that I am so happy to share.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 15 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan (for a dairy-free version, simply leave it out)
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg white to brush
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Sprinkle of sesame seed and flax seed, for additional crunch
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- To make the dough simply mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, and add the water bit by bit, mixing with a fork.
- Add the vegetable oil a tablespoon at a time, and knead the dough for a minute or two, just until all the ingredients are well combined and you are left with nice dough.
- Cut the dough in two. Roll half of the dough on a parchment paper to prevent it from sticking on the table. This will also make the transferring from the table to the baking tin fast and easy. Roll it thin, as thin as you can.
- Cut the rolled dough to any form you like.
- Brush it with the egg white and sprinkle sesame and flax seed on top to make it extra crunchy. Of course you can use other seeds instead, it is a very versatile recipe, I chose sesame and chia because that’s what I prefer and always have on hand.
- Bake the crackers for up to 15 minutes or until golden on top. Enjoy!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.