The roasted sea fish Tsipura is definitely one of the favorite dinner recipes in our family. It reminds us of our lovely holidays in the Aegean sea and the pleasure to serve healthy and incredibly delicious dish to our friends and family. I super excited to share this recipe with all of you.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- ~500 g./1 tsipura,
- 2 potatoes,
- 1 carrot
- few white mushrooms
- 1 lemon, cut in slices
- 1/2 cup white wine,
- veg.stock or water
for the filling:
- 2 pickled cucumbers
- 1 small carrot
- handful of fresh parsley
- few tsp.salt, preferably coarse
- few tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- few tsp. dry basil or oregano
- few tbsp. vegetable oil
- few cloves of garlic, sliced
- To make the dish, start by preparing the filling, which basically means chopping the pickled cucumbers, carrots and parsley in fairly small pieces.
- Than peal and cut the potatoes in 5-6 sticks.
- Cut the carrot in similar size shapes as are the potatoes so that all of them will bake for the same time.
- Prepare the fish by seasoning it from outside and inside, make 2-3 cuts in the skin from both sides and insert one slice of garlic in each cut.
- Fill the inside of the fish with the filling, don’t worry about it falling out of the fish during roasting, it won’t.
- Grease the roasting tin with some oil, place the potatoes and the carrots in it, and the fish on top of them, that way the bottom of the fish will not stick to the pan and will roast beautifully. Add few white mushrooms to roast as well.
- Sprinkle everything with some more oil and seasoning. Line the lemon slices on top if the fish, pour the wine in the pan, cover with aluminum foil and roast in a 200C preheated oven for about 30min. than remove the foil and bake another 45 min. Enjoy!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.