This raspberry curd and white chocolate meringue cake is one of those desserts which you just know are delicious! Luscious raspberry curd combined with white chocolate and crunchy meringue, pure joy! The recipe takes time to make, but it’s worth it!
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 12 generous servings
Prep time: 35 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
for the meringue:
- 5 egg whites (~100g.)
- 100 g. sugar
for the raspberry curd:
- 300 g. raspberries fresh or frozen
- 100 g. butter
- 170 g. sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
for the white chocolate ganache
- 120 g. white chocolate
- 100 g. cream
- To make the meringue, start beating the egg whites in a clean bowl.
- Once they start to bubble, add the sugar slowly, bit by bit. Whisk with electric mixer on the highest speed until stiff picks are formed and the sugar has fully dissolved, about 7 minutes.
- With a spoon transfer the meringue in a baking tin lined with parchment paper. I wanted each layer to be different size and form, but you can choose to make them similar.
- Bake the meringue for about an hour and half on 120C, or until you can lift the meringue and the bottom will be intact.
- To make the raspberry curd, start by melting the butter in a saucepan, on low heat.
- Add the sugar, the egg yolks (lightly beaten) and the raspberries.
- Stir frequently, meshing the raspberries until the curd starts to thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, push the curd through a fine sift and add the lemon juice. Keep it in the refrigerator, and it will last for few weeks.
- To make the chocolate ganache, start by melting the chocolate with the cream in a bowl set over a boiling water.
- Once the cream is warm and the chocolate starts to melt, remove it from the heat, and stir until the chocolate is fully dissolved.
- To use it in this recipe, let the ganache cool down.
- Once all three elements are ready, it’s time to put them together. It’s the fun part, the pleasure of creating something beautiful, unique and above all delicious!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.