Inspired by the traditional mosaic roll, this no-bake chocolate mosaic cake is fun to make and pleasure to eat! If you have little ones running around, get them in the kitchen, they will love to help you create this chocolaty delight.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 20 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooling time: couple hours
- 500 g. biscuits
- 100 g. sugar
- 60 g. cocoa
- 250 ml./1 cup water
- 150 g. unsalted butter
- 200 g.+100 g chocolate
- 100 g. grounded and toasted hazelnuts
- Start by crushing the biscuits in small pieces.
- To make the chocolate mixture, add the sugar, the cocoa and the water in a mixing bowl and mix to combine, pour it in a sauce pan, add the butter and simmer for 5-7 minutes over low heat just until the butter is fully melted and the liquid slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 200 g. chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour the mixture over the biscuit crumbs and toss them until all biscuits are coated. It will seem like too many biscuits, but keep mixing them and you’ll get them all coated.
- Line a mixing bowl with two sheets of plastic foil. Squeeze the biscuits in the bowl to form the half-ball form of the cake. Again it will seem like too many biscuits, but they will all get in eventually.
- Chill the cake for couple of hours, than turn it up side down on a serving plate. Remove the bowl, thanks to the plastic foil, it should slide up easily.
- Uncover the cake and decorate with melted chocolate, biscuit crumbs and some chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.