I have found this red lentils and carrots bisque to be the best recipe for getting people to like healthy, hearty, vegan dishes. It’s full of flavor, all red and vibrant, sweet and creamy, one pot simple deliciousness. I am so happy to share it.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 3 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- ~150 g./3/4 cups/ dry red lentils
- 1 onion (I used red onion)
- 2-3 carrots, medium size
- 2 potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce or passata
- 1l. water
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. dry mint
- few tbsp. vegetable oil
- To make this recipe, start by sauteing the red onion over 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil, and then gradually add the rest of the ingredients, giving each one about a minute to incorporate.
- Add the carrots, the potatoes the garlic and the lentils, than add the spices so that they will have the chance to infuse the oil before pouring in the liquid ingredients (tomato sauce and water) I used homemade tomato sauce, but passata or can of tomatoes or even fresh tomatoes work just as well in the recipe. Simply use whatever you have on hand.
- Bring to boil and cook for about 20 minutes in low heat.
- Add the salt and the pepper at the end when the lentils are almost fully cooked.
- Bland the bisque to your preferred consistency and serve it with some extra dry mint. Enjoy!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.