Making snacks healthy and delicious is a real challenge, but this recipe is definitely an exception. Packed with nutrition, easy to make and a real crowd pleaser. What’s not to love about that?
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 35-40 tots
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 fresh egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 C/400F.
- Start by preparing the vegetables, grating the carrots and processing (or finely chopping the broccoli).
- Peal and boil the sweet potatoes until just about cooked, but still a little hard to pierce in the middle, it took me 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Than roughly mash the potatoes and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Once everything is well combined, scoop just over tea spoon of the mixture and shape it between your fingers.
- Lay the toter tots in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Don’t forget to flip the tots half way through to make sure they are nice and baked from both sides.
- Serve warm along with your favorite dip.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.