For all the people rolling eyes to green vegan soups, this is the recipe for you! It’s full of nutrients and rich in flavor at the same time, but don’t take my word for it!
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium broccoli head (~200g. florets+the stem)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1l. water
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make the soup start by sauteing the finely chopped onion with olive oil.
- Add in the ginger and the dry basil. Stir for the flavors to infuse the oil.
- Pour in the water, and add in the stock cube, the potato and the broccoli stem chopped and leave it to simmer for few minutes.
- Add in the broccoli florets, the spinach and the parsley, season with salt and pepper and the tahini and let the soup simmer for up to 10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat, blend it until you reach the preferred consistency (I like it smooth) and serve warm.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.