Many times the simple humble ingredients make for the best dishes both taste and nutrition wise. This recipe is inspired by widely available, affordable and sustainable hake.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 8 fishcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 hake
- 1 slice of stale bread
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- handful of parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cube stock
- 1l. water
- little bit of vegetable oil
- To make these hake fishcakes is very simple. Start by shortly, for no more than 10 minutes cooking the hake in a well seasoned water with salt, black pepper and the stock cube.
- To make the crunchy breadcrumbs, combine the stale bread with rosemary, garlic and one tablespoon of oil in a food processor.
- Pulse til breadcrumbs are formed .
- When the fish has been cooked shortly, take of the bones and the skin and roughly chop the fish meat.
- Add in the parsley, the breadcrumbs and the egg, and mix all ingredients until just combined.
- Form the fishcakes and fry them for just few minutes on each side in a hot pan with few tablespoons of vegetable oil.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.