Sweet, crunchy, healthy and delicious! Perfect in fruit parfait, sprinkled over salad, on top of ice cream or simply on its own as a wonderful snack idea. This homemade granola recipe is packed with nutrients, so easy to make and it can be stored in the freezer for up to few months.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: app.20 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts, any mix you prefer
- 1 ½ cup seeds,
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup grounded flax seeds
- 1 cup dry fruit
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Start by preheating the oven on 150C /300F.
- Mix the oats, nuts and seeds in a bowl.
- Pour in the oil and the honey and sprinkle over the cocoa, the salt and the cinnamon to enhance the flavor of the ingredients and bring it all together.
- Once well combine, transfer the mix into a baking dish lined with baking paper, to prevent it from sticking. Make sure it’s all well distributed across the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes on 150C, than take it off, mix it and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes, to make sure that everything is equally baked.
- Once baked, sprinkle over the chia seeds and the grounded flax seeds.
- Add in the dry fruit for extra flavor, texture and nutrition. Mix everything together.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.