Soft and crunchy, sweet and lemony, they are the perfect treat for all citrus lover out there! The cream cheese and the lemon juice work so well together in this recipe, but you don’t have to take my word for it:) All you need is about 30 minutes and a handful of ingredients!
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
For the muffins:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter (about 30g.)
- 120g. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup yogurt (or buttermilk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter (about 50g.)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Start by mixing together the flour with the baking powder and the salt.
- In another mixing bowl, with electric mixer mix the butter, the cream cheese and the sugar until well incorporated.
- Add in the egg, the yogurt and the lemon juice mixing for a minute after adding each of the ingredients.
- Fold the vanilla and the flour gently in the batter using a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- To make the crumble topping simply mix together the flour, the sugar and the butter.
- Pour the muffin batter in a 12 cup well-oiled muffin tin lined with paper muffin cups.
- Top each cup with the crumble topping and bake the muffins for about 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.