The healthy and delicious combination of pistachios and cranberries make these energy balls an excellent choice for an afternoon pick-me-up snack, pre or post-workout snack or just a reason to take a moment and enjoy some guilt-free homemade deliciousness. The fact that they are easy to put together is just a bonus. In my family they disappear so fast, which is why I always make a huge batch and freeze half of them to keep them both out of sight for the day and available for up to three months.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: app.30 balls
Ready in: 15 minutes
- 1 cup/100g. pistachios
- 1 cup/100g. dry cranberries
- 60 g. white chocolate
- 50 g. pitted soaked dates (about 8 dates)
- Roughly crush the pistachios and chop the cranberries. I prefer them quite coarse.
- Chop the white chocolate or use mini white chocolate chips.
- Soak the pitted dates in water for about five minutes and then give them a few pulses in the food processor, until they get a paste consistency.
- Mix all the ingredients together, and use the mix to form about 1-2 inch balls.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.