Soft, sweet and beautiful! This cinnamon bread is one of those recipe we love having freshly baked in our kitchen every single day, if only that was possible:). It is not only delightful to eat but it will make your home smell amazing too.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
For the dough:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 7 g. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp.
- Start by activating the yeast in a warm water with one tablespoon of sugar.
- Once the yeast is nice and frothy pour it in a large bowl along with the milk, the melted butter, the egg and the sugar.
- Mix the ingredients to combine, than add in a third of the flour and the salt and mix with mixer until the flour is mostly incorporated.
- Then add the rest of the flour and mix for another 5-10 minutes or until you get soft and elastic dough.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic foil and leave it in a warm place to rise for about an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In the meantime prepare the filling by simply combining all the ingredients (brown sugar, white sugar, butter and cinnamon).
- Once the dough is well risen, transfer it on well-floured surface.
- Stretch the dough in a rectangle shape. You can use roller to do it, or simply stretch it by hand like I did.
- Spread the filling on top of the dough leaving about 2 cm. on all sides. Start rolling the dough on the longer side gently. Once you have one long roll, cut it in the middle using a dough cutter or a knife.
- Braid the two halves having the cut side up, than pinch together the ends and tack them under the bread.
- Once braided transfer the bread in a well-buttered baking tin and leave it to rest and rise for another 20 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 180 C.
- The bread will need about 30 minutes to bake.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.