The chocolate souffle recipe has earned its reputation as one of the best chocolate and really dessert recipe of all times. This recipe in particular is so easy to make, basically fail-prove, dairy free, flour-less and incredibly delicious. The ingredients are few and I bet you all ready have in your kitchen.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 3 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 125 g. chocolate
- 2 egg yolks (fresh and at room temperature)
- 4 egg whites (fresh and at room temperature)
- 20 g. sugar, plus few tablespoons for coating the remikens
- 10 g. unsweetened cocoa
- 60 g. melted butter, plus one teaspoon for greasing the remikens
- pinch of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 200C and preparing the remikens by brushing them with butter (make sure to create vertical lines on the sides of the cup, they make huge difference for rising the souffle) and coat the entire surface with caster sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch/1/2 teaspoon of salt until stiff picks are formed. Don’t forget to have the mixing bawl and the whisk attachment clear of any water or greasy, because they will prevent you from creating the beautiful white foam.
- In the egg yolk mixture add the cocoa, the chocolate, chopped as fine as you can and the butter melted and still hot.
- Stir them together. If the heat of the butter isn’t enough to melt the chocolate, you can heat the batter shortly in the microwave or on top of some simmering water.
- Add in the whipped egg whites, one third at a time and fold gently until you can no longer see the egg whites, and no more than that. Pour in the prepared remikens.
- Go with your finger along the edge of the souffle to create circle, it will help your souffle rise nicely.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the lowest rack in your oven. Serve them the minute the get out from the oven, because they will deflate quickly. Enjoy!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.