These cookies are so light, yet so delicious and satisfying, firm on the outside but soft in the middle. I call them every day pleasure – you know the kind that make life a little bit more beautiful.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 30-35 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 45 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups of flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 200 g. chocolate
- 90 g. unsalted butter
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup powder sugar, plus 1 cup for coating
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder and the salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the chocolate and the butter over a low heat until smooth stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and the sugar until dissolved.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until just blended.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease two baking sheets. Scoop the dough using a teaspoon and roll them in your hands to make little balls.
- Drop the balls in a bowl with icing sugar and roll them until heavily coated.
- Place the cookies in the baking sheet, about 5cm apart.
- Bake for up to 15 minutes or until the tops feel slightly firm when touched with your fingertip.
- Let them cool for few minutes.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.