Beautiful and delicious are the two words that best describe this braided pie made of classic apple and raisins filling all wrapped up in a soft puff pastry. It’s a recipe you’ll be proud to show to your friends.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 apples
- 50 g./1/2 cup brown sugar
- 50 g./1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (~juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 egg to brush on top
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- To make the filling simply cut the apples in a bite-size pieces. Mix in the sugar, the raisins the cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- Divide the puff pastry sheet in three equal parts, cut the end parts in about 1in/2cm.wide strips.
- Put the filling in the central part of the sheet, and braid the strips on top of the filling.
- Once formed, brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake for about 30 minutes.
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.