What’s not to love about muffins? Seriously! They are fast and easy to make, convenient on the go for those busy mornings, incredibly delicious, kids love them… need I say more? Oh and not to forget… these ones in particular are also soft, perfectly moist, packed with lots of berries and chocolate flavor and they store very well, although in my family they are so popular, a batch never lasts more than a day.
ABOUT THE RECIPE
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
- 200g. frozen berries
- 100g. chocolate
- 300g. all-purpose flour
- 150g. caster sugar
- 2tsp. baking powder
- 250ml. plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 80ml. vegetable oil
- Start by preheating the oven on 180C/350F.
- Then grease a 12 cup muffin tin, line it with paper cups and set it aside.
- Roughly chop the frozen berries and the chocolate making sure that you have both smaller and chunkier pieces left in the mix, it will make these muffins ever so delicious and moist.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients, the flour, the caster sugar and the baking powder and then make a hole in the middle and add in all the wet ingredients, the yogurt, the eggs and the oil.
- Add a pinch of salt to enhance all the beautiful flavors before mixing everything together just until all the ingredients are well combined, no more than that.
- Fold in the chocolate and the berries to make sure that they are well distributed across the batter.
- Scoop the batter and fill the muffin tin cups to the top that way you will use up all the batter and have beautiful, well risen, mushroom shaped, delicious muffins.
- Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. To be sure that they are cooked all the way through, pierce one muffin with a wooden skewer, if it comes out clean, they are ready to get out of the oven.
- Be patient and leave them to cool down a little bit. It will make a huge difference when trying to remove the paper cup and you won’t burn yourself.
- After about five to ten minutes, it’s time to share and enjoy them!
For more details on how to make this recipe, check the video recipe below.